I would avoid it as much as possible. The fat in pork is different than the fat in other meats, it can clog the small blood vessels of a cat.
But I've heard it's okay to give pork to dogs... how come it's not a good idea for cats?
As far as I know it should be avoided in dogs diets too. It can cause diarrhea and carry parasites. That's why many dog owners freeze raw meet for 3 weeks to kill the parasites.
Ok perhaps I misunderstood something about pork in cats and dogs diet. Thanks for your replies.
Whoops! LOL. This is from my website about pork: The fat globules in Pork are larger than the fat globules in other meats and can clog the small blood vessels of a cat. Avoid any pork products, especially bacon, which contain the hazardous preservative, sodium nitrate.
- My Cat Lost Appetite?
- Can I Feed My Dog Eggs?
- Cat's Breath Is Heavy?
- How Can I Check If My Cat Is Pregnant?
- I Think My Cat Is Really Sick.?
- My Cat Constantly Sheds?
- How Can I Help My Cat Overcome Hot Weather?
- Dog Stares At Me When I Eat?
- Adulterous Cat ;) - What Can I Do/Can I Help...
- How Can I Change My Name?